Who are CFR Research Associates?
Research associates have clear and demonstrated expertise in risk and resilience either through research or its dissemination in the community. They are appointed based on evidence of an active program in related research and/ or outreach. Research associates actively contribute to the mission of CFR through any of the following:
- Attendance at seminars
- Research presentations to colleagues, community partners and consumers
- Outreach activities
- Research-based program development
- Participation in CFR workgroups
- Mentoring of new researchers and CFR Student Affiliates
- Contributions to CFR grant and report writing
Research associates may include:
- Those holding OSU academic appointments
- Faculty with or without a primary extension appointment from other institutions with a terminal graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Post-doctoral affiliates working under the guidance of a CFR research associate
Honorary associates are prominent scholars who have participated in CFR activities or prominent community members with an interest in the CFR.
For Community Members
CFR research associates are available to research problems, issues and questions that your institution, agency or business may be experiencing. In addition, they are available to present their research in an effort to assist you. Check the directory of CFR research associates and submit this brief Community Research Support Application to request assistance. Our staff can also match you with a researcher at OSU or another institution with expertise in your area.
If you have a research, clinical or extension appointment at a university or private research institute and are interested in areas associated with family risk and resilience, we would like you to consider becoming a CFR research associate. To apply, download and complete an application and email it to CFR@okstate.edu. Student research affiliate applications are also available. Read about the benefits to becoming a research associate.
- CFR Research Associate application (PDF download)
- Student Research Affiliate application